When I was pregnant with my second boy in 2014/2015, I remember the overwhelming anxiety I felt. There were stories about pregnant women being kidnapped and newborns being stolen (it was during the election season), I resorted to staying at home mostly just to be out of harm’s way.
I really cannot imagine what it is like being pregnant in this season of COVID-19. I was telling my husband how great it is not to be pregnant this period and then I remembered so many others are.
I read a post by @monmartt_kids and when I went through the comments, I saw that many pregnant women especially in Lagos have difficulties going to their ante natal appointments, some are anxious about what happens when they go into labour in this lockdown…frankly, there is so much to worry about.
Here are 13 Bible verses to help you out. Read and meditate on them. Pray using these verses and I pray that God will perfect all that concerns you and your pregnancy.
1. “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Psalms 56:3 ESV
2. “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
Philippians 1:6 ESV
3. “Say to those who have an anxious heart, “Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you.””
Isaiah 35:4 ESV
4. “They shall not labor in vain or bear children for calamity, for they shall be the offspring of the blessed of the Lord, and their descendants with them.”
Isaiah 65:23 ESV
5. “Do not be afraid of sudden terror or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.”
Proverbs 3:25-26 ESV
6. “He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.”
Psalms 112:7 ESV
7. “For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.”
1 Samuel 1:27 ESV
8. “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.”
Isaiah 26:3-4 ESV
9. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.”
Isaiah 55:8 ESV
10. “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.”
Psalms 34:4-5 ESV
11. “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.”
John 14:1 ESV
12. “do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:6-7 ESV
13. “But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not fear, only believe.””
Mark 5:36 ESV
The days are evil, times are hard, there is so much uncertainty but in all these God’s people will remain victorious.