One of the verses I had written down to pray on for my unborn. It is also a commitment to bring up that child in the ways of God and let God use the child however he pleases.
The Bible tells us that Hannah handed Samuel over to God without hesistation. Considering the fact that she had prayed for so long for the fruit of the womb. Many of us did not exactly pray for that long for a child, but at the point of marriage, we probably agreed to have kids or were prayed for (prayers of fruitfulness etc). Either way, we owe it to God to bring up our children in the way of the Lord.
Allow your children participate in church activities, outreaches and general service to God. There is nothing more rewarding.
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
There are a vast number of reasons to pray during pregnancy. Most times, people get stuck on praying for protection only that they forget to pray about other stuff.
Here is a list of other areas to pray on during pregnancy:
- Prayers of thanksgiving
- Prayers for safety
- Prayers for baby’s growth and development
- Prayers for baby’s character
- Prayers for baby’s future
- Prayers for your medical team
- Prayers for financial stability
- Prayers for family unity
- Prayer for parenting
- Prayer for happiness and contentment
- Prayer for attitude during pregnancy
- Prayer against moodiness and mood swings
- Prayer for peace and stability
- Prayers against bad dreams and the spirit of fear
This is just a guide on how to pray during pregnancy, there is a lot to pray about. God id the giver of children and we need to seek his face for every aspect of our unborn children’s lives.